Monday, April 27, 2009

Google Picasa Photo Album Test



Thanks to Dragon Blogger for turning me on to the Picasa embedded slide show. After a whole week of searching for the right one, this viewer seems to be the best one available (with the most useful customizations) for those of us who want a free, easy-to-maintain slide show for use on blogs and web pages.

I've found that Flickr falls short in the embedded player department specifically because it does not give you an easy way to display captions. I realize a picture is worth a thousand words, but in my opinion, a picture with a caption is worth ten thousand. So while I will continue to use Flickr for its viral possibilities, I don't think I'll be turning to one of their embedded viewers any time soon.

Other decent image players I came across, but that didn't work for my purposes include:
Of course, if you've got a few others to suggest, please leave them in my comments and I will review and add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment